Need PC help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveman360

Beta member
Ok heres the problem, My computer has lines running all over the screen, they get worse. They are even on the startup and windows page when i start it up. After letting it sit for about a day its fine for about 2 min. then the lines come back. I just need to know what could be doing this it's definately not the monitor. Could it be my video card (6800 GT 256MB) I hope it's not cus i just bought this christmas. Also i'm using windows XP pro sp2,AMD 2500+XP,asus k7 mobo. THNX FOR YOUR HELP. It was running hot as of late at about 50 degrees celcius.

I had a similar problem with my 6600GT not to long ago but it was only during games. It was due to a faulty jumper. =\

umm i can't now, my computer shuts down like right when windows is loading, Everything on the screen is so distorted like numbers and lines every where it makes no sense.

Check your motherboards bios settings for video & the forceware settings in windows. Might be worth seeing if there are recommended settings given on Nvidias website for this type of problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom