Lan Party how do i do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i forgot to ask this befofre i froget when my friends come i hjave the stream cs game so will they have to have the game to play with me on lan or when they hook up they cacn play off mine on lan.

they all need to have the game in order to play

and yea, just tell them to bring their wires

Ok. Tell all of your friends to bring one RJ-45 cable OR their wireless card/adapter. You are going to need a wireless router. Have yourself and all of your friends with wireless cards/adapters configure their computers to connect with the wireless router. All of you friends who don't have wireless, use RJ-45s. Plug one end into the RJ-45 port on thier computer (it could be on the motherboard or on a seperate ad-on card such as a NIC) and the other end into the router (it should have 4 ports for this). If you are going to have more than 4 wired computers, you will need another switch and another RJ-45 cable. Plug one end into any port on the switch, and the other end into the router. Once you are all connected, host a game and have all of your friends join it.

Phew. That was a lot.

well know about this switch what do i do with it. plus a powerful computer how powerful will i need it to play on LAN on cs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom