New HL2 level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
VIII said:
w00t w00t.. i can not wait to see this!!!

I wish I could be saying that, but I am going to have to drop another $400 or so on a video card just to be able to play this. It looks like the PS 3.0 days are here sooner than everybody thought.

Yeah.. I hope im equipped for the next year. Coming from a gforce4 with no Pixel Shader at all to a 6600GT with px3.0 I was left staring at my screen as older games got a new life... I cant even imagine what 3 is gona look like.. *drewL*

As for your card, i really think you should try selling it.. I mean what have you got to lose... a POS right ?

Well, I want to have a 6800 GT or better in my computer before I sell this. I can't go without a graphics card. And I don't consider my 9200SE PCI thats laying around a graphics card.

Well save 100 or so $.. then sell ur x800pro for the remainder and order a 68 same day... :p if u dont sell it now, words gona really get out that the pro suxors and no1 will buy it

HDR technology will benefit PS 3.0 rendering technology, and HDR is slowly migrating to PC games, which basically excludes ATi until that point, I'm not denying that.

But have any of you who are promoting nVidia seen any nVidia card benchmarked in a PS3.0 enviroment. Just because a card *has* something, it doesn't mean it can use it effectively. Take an FX5500 for example, it *has* 256MB and Doom 3 needs that kind of VRAM in higher resolutions, but does that mean it'll play Doom 3?

I've been reading up on HDR and it needs a lot of requirements, it needs a hell of a lot of FPRT bits, ATi has 24, nVidia has 32, and people are doubting that either will be able to truly demonstrate HDR. Most people who seem to have tried out HDR find its image quality pretty bad because their cards just aren't powerful enough.

beedubaya said:
I wish I could be saying that, but I am going to have to drop another $400 or so on a video card just to be able to play this. It looks like the PS 3.0 days are here sooner than everybody thought.
You don't need to drop $400, dude. The 6800 series has dropped about $100 in price recently.

Oh well, we knew PS3.0 was coming down the line. That's why I bought a card that could handle the new technologies coming.

Take an FX5500 for example, it *has* 256MB and Doom 3 needs that kind of VRAM in higher resolutions, but does that mean it'll play Doom 3?
well to be honest, the amount of VRAM im comparison to a particular GPU instruction is pretty different :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom