Memory Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brylax23

In Runtime
I just made my new computer with all good hardware. my problem is that one of my memory sticks might be bad..it surprises me because i got Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series that stuff is usually good..i got a DFI "LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D so really didnt think ne problems should occur.i dont know if it is because i dont have it in dual channel or not.i said to put it into the 2 & 4 slots..when i did i was installing xp professional first it was verfying dmi data pool...changed the boot order...then it worked then before install the windows it had the blue screen of death...and was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL idk something like that took out the memory and it when through..i thionk i have all the drivers updated..so im pretty much stuck..i put the memory in again and would restart right after booting windows. sorry for being so long

another problem is at the bottom right taskbar thing..it says safely remove hardware and the hardware is my hard drive im pretty sure and i think i dont wanna do that

and now when trying to install my soundcard drivers that came with it the SC it just reboots and reboots..sounds like bad memory but idk how it could be

I heard that Corsair RAM doesn't mix well with DFI mobos. Both companies are excellent for computer parts, but for some reason Corsair and DFI aren't compatable.

Try RMAing the RAM and then getting OCZ or Kingstor RAM and see if it will work. If it doesn't, then we'll think of something else.

doesnt look good @ all..i have been running the memtest for like 10 mins and 2 errors all redy...

Error found with pair # 4565910 or 45659449

Error found with pair # 28424761or 28424391

i hate this *hit

I think you have your RAM in the wrong slots. Put them in the first 2 slots. I got XMS Xtra Low Latency RAM, crap is SIMM. My mobo takes DIMM. Find out for sure what RAM type your mobo is, same with your RAM. See if its DIMM or SIMM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom