Display settings, help I can't reset on 98SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

meandmyshadow

Solid State Member
FIXED:Display settings, help I can't reset on 98SE

I keep my display settings on High Color 16 bit and 800x600. When I turned on the computer today it's set at 16 colors and 640x480. I've tried to reset it, restart and it's back to the setting I don't want.

This is an OLD HP 6535, can someone please help. Thank you

Went to Intel.com after finding out had Intel 810 chipset and downloaded update and it's fixed. Thank you.

yep most likely there your video drivers... Go to hp's website and see if you can download them.

CoConut....

I went to HP's website and these are the downloads available for the 6535, not sure what they are but I don't see anything that says video driver???

Microsoft Windows 98

Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices Date Version Previous Size

» Multimedia Keyboard Driver Update

03-2003 3.2.07 - 5.03M

Driver - Modem Date Version Previous Size

» Pavilion Conexant SoftK56 PCI Modem Update - North America

01-2000 2.11.62 - 1.63M

CD-ROM order page Date Version Previous Size

» HP Pavilion Floppy Disk Controller Patch

09-2000 1.1 - 0 bytes

Software Date Version Previous Size

» HP Pavilion PCs Floppy Disk Controller Software Update

08-2000 1.1 - 824.0k

I'm sorry, I'm not that great at tech stuff. What do you mean? Open what up and what's a chipset and what am I looking up on Google?

For the above download it's for OS Windows XP and for Compaq 6535BE, I have Windows 98SE and HP Pavillion 6535.. Can I still download?

check your chipset... that one is for a Compaq Presario, you have a HP Pavilion, they are not the same, so find out what your chipset is, and report back to us

I went to HP.com and my model's spec show the chipset to be Intel 810. Not sure what a chipset is or what it does, but that's the info. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom