Should I trust ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I am finding all kinds of 6800 GTs on ebay for anywhere from $100-$200, which is a price that seems too good to be true. Should I trust these? Or should I buy from a retail store or online store?

*EDIT* X800 Pros are running for as little as 99 cents on ebay, so I don't know if I wanna go that route.

I would be wary about buying from ebay. Most of them are just good deals (i.e. the seller got his rebate and now doesn't care or he/she has surplus). But there are some crappy people on there so check their ratings and feedback.

90% of items on ebay are sold from wholesalers who have them coming out their ass... thats why they start them at 99cents.. because they always get bidded up to about the retail price, and if they dont it doesnt matter...

Take a look at the sellers feedback, if its not 100%.. go to their feedback list and check out what negative theyve got.. but generally, if theyve sold 1000 items and have like 99% then its totally safe... if your worried about gettin a DOA.. check their return policy..

Look at the completed listings for these items as well as feedback on like items from the seller. it comes down to knowing the item you are buying and a little bit of a gamble.

Do some research.

You are trading your time(ie.research)for savings.

Ive purchased a new ATI 9200 se PCI / Heatsink and fan that fits a 9700 Pro AIW without any problems . I tried to purchase a Ti 4600 ultra .I won the bid at $85 / paid for it but they never sent it.
I was refunded by my CC company .Plus the seller was banned from ebay so it wasnt a big deal .
Buy from sellers with positive feedback scores .Watch for inflated shipping and handeling .I would still buy from ebay if the price was right and the seller has good scores :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom