Need Help on new videocard

Status
Not open for further replies.
i probably wont be overclocking, mainl because i have no idea how to overclock lol!!! and in my other post people said ati is not the way to go because most of the games later on need some pixel shader 3.0 and 6800gt is a excellent choice

yeah, seeing as your on AGP.. it rules out most of the ATI cards for you.. Ive got the sparkle 6600GT. its perfect.. Your about the first person i know on here to even say sparkle 6600GT. it must be an australian thing.. but there sure as hell is nothign wrong wit it

short story -

if u can afford it, go 6800GT.. if not the 6600GT will be perfect

Don't get the X800 Pro. I have that card and its 12 pipes and 256-bit memory can't match the 6600 GT's 8 pipes and 128-bit memory. I have to say that card is the biggest ripoff in the video card world. If you are in the market for an X800 Pro, get the 6800 GT, same price, much, MUCH better, and by much, I mean 25-50% faster, plus the addition of pixel shader 3.0.

Pixel Shader 3 won't help you in any way, not sure why that would factor into your decision...
It might help you on like one maybe 2 games, but even then the increase is minimal.

The 6600 will do, x800 xt would be better of course + more expensive.

Can you tell us what games you play? OpenGL? Direct3D? Any specific games?

ATI vs NVIDIA depends heavily on your type of games.

im just adding my final thoughts to this one from my other post im going with the Gigabyte GV-N68T256DH 6800GT 256MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom