ERROR 2908 and Norton Internet Security Won't install

Status
Not open for further replies.

anchorruud

Beta member
I have a Sony Vaio Notebook. It came with XP on it. My other computers have 2000 professional on it. I tried to upgrade my Norton Internet Security 2003 to 2005. I paid for it online and it won't install, I spent 6 hours on the phone with tech support and they could not figure it out. Now I have NO internet portection because they erased it all ( and no antivirus protection). I think this has to do with XP or something in my registry. I get error messages when I try to install other programs, ERROR 2908. My other computers all could install the Norton program without a problem, they also have no problems installing ANY program. I am thinking of formatting my computer and installing 2000 on it. What should I do? Should I format the hard drive? Should I find a different antivirus software? What the hell is wrong with my computer? Why can't I install anything to it now?

Well after reading other postings, I decided not to install norton at all. Instead I put PC-Cillin Antivirus on and Zone Alarm Firewall. I am waiting on getting a download for Advanced System Optimizer to fix my registry. I plan on getting my money back from Norton (if at all possible). But I think this ERROR 2908 is a registry problem and it stops me from installing software. Or I either have a registry problem or possibly microsoft installer issues. I get "installation failed: ERROR 2908"

I also don't have "mscoree" anywhere.

I am more worried about future installation problems. I seem to have problems installing FREQUENTLY or almost all times.

Yeah I looked up what it means on microsofts webpage. But how do I stop seeing that message. What do I do? Any clues. I downloaded a registry cleaner and I still see the error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom