the final draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
No objections with me, might want to consider buying some more cooling fans.

Also what Headsink will you be using?

he means heatsink which is a peice of metal that disperses the heat from your CPU to the air more efficiently. If your CPU is retail it should come with one (i hope). On that case you can put a 120mm fan on the back and at least one more 80mm in front of the HDs

the HSF (heatsink fan) comes with the CPU, so you don't need to worry bout it

oh, and you got yourself a copy of windows...right?

If you wanted to cut down on cost, you could probably exclude the sound card.. but each to their own

rest sounds good though.. ahh another AMD clone =)

so im hearing 3 fans in this rig. it really needs that much for that little box? i mean the one im getting looks pretty mighty and powerfull.
but hey i dont want to find myself with a fried cpu. so i guess what ever it takes.

dont i need a sound card for sound?

-yea ive got windows.

motherboard has onboard 5.1 sound thats not bad the sound card just gives you better quality sound. Also a very good heatsink would be a zalman 7000cu monster with a 120mm fan on it or you can get the one with an blue led 92mm fan but ya they run about 40-50 bucks but are universal so that if you ever change it into a different comp itll still work there.

People your suggestions are way off. He is not going to overclock so unless he has a noise concern (castro?) then he doesn't need a better heatsink like zalman.

Also suggesting to remove the sound card is a very bad idea. I don't know why people suggest that. If you play games like counter strike and stuff, onboard crap just doesn't cut it, you gotta have a sound blaster audigy 2 zs. That's just how it is. Best gaming sound card out there right now except for the audigy 4 (too expensive).

So castro as far as the CPU is concerned you are getting the RETAIL version. Make SURE that is the one you order. It will come in a box with a heatsink included inside. Once you put the CPU in the mobo you just have to put on the heatsink and lock it in. There will be a small square on the bottom on the heatsink. That is your thermal pad, don't remove it, leave it on and center it on the processor and you are all set.

Lastly, don't worry too much about more case fans. These people are all suggesting good CPU cooler snad lots of fans for the purpose of overclocking. Since you won't be overclocking I see noe reason why you would need to get a better heatsink or extra fans. I believe you will be fine with what you have.
Although there is a nice spot for a 120mm exhaust fan in the back. It would probably help if you got one there.

Just tell us if you like LEDs and what color you want in that case and also if you like your computers very quiet or don't care and we can suggest a 120mm fan for the back of that case. I'm thinking you will want blue LEDs but I'm not sure.

a couple things

I know a little about computers, and this is some of the talk ive heard about building one.

1. You dont need a soundcard. The motherboard already has decent onboard sound.

2. Usually if a power supply comes with a case its not very good.

This is what I have heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom