Venice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raekwon

Daemon Poster
PC Perspective have reviewed a 3200 venice for all those who are interested, the article can be found here

2.8Ghz on stock Vcore and cooling... imagine what you could do with Phasechange.... :D

so who's going to buy me one? :p

When do they come out? I'm buying a new comp soon, and I wouldn't mind getting one. Any idea the retail on the 3200?

Venice apparently has a cold bug (but I'm talking like -80C so I don't think anyone can complain :p) so phase change would be limited.

From everything I have read, The Venice apparently overclocks like a beast on stock vcore, but once it reaches stability issues even raising the vcore doesn't seem to help very much.

And 2.8GHz really seems to be as far as they wanna go.

edit - they are expected Monday :D

Yeah I think both gaara and I posted about this last week or so. They'll work at -40C but not -90 haha.

But even at those low temps he didn't go beyond 2.8GHz which is because of the small transistors limitations and the new way they have the silicon layed out

If by better buy you mean cheaper, yes.

The Venice is the new solution to the Winchester though, the Winchster apparently couldn't handle higher clock speeds (hence why the high end AMDs are still 130nm). The Venice is apparently the solution to this.

Depends on how expensive it's going to be. I'm guessing the venice won't be worth the hyped-up cost at first. After if settles for a little while it will probably be fine. But at first I think the price will be too high.

will probably be as expensive as the winchester compared to the newcastle was. About $75 extra compared to the 'inferior' core

well what is going to be the best thing to buy to oc really far the venice or winchester or newcastle core i mena what's the best to oc really far out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom