Dual Channel Memory..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok in the bios it says DDR 400 running in single channel mode.

isnt flashing the bios risky?

Nah, if the BIOS gets screwed up, you can always reset it back to factory settings with some jumpers.

If you flash a BIOS and you screw it up , you can't just jumper it back to defaults. Your screwed. You either have to send your mobo back to the comany, replace the physical BIOS itself, or have a backup of the BIOS and re-program it yourself on a EEPROM chip programmer.

Dammit, I always get BIOS and CMOS mixed up. You are right, uzi. If you screw up your BIOS, you are pretty well screwed. On the other hand, if you screw up your CMOS settings, you can reset THAT with jumpers.

Sorry for the incorrect info.

I would download CPU-Z and look at each stick in the info. And see if the timings are different. Maybe that is why it does not work.

For dual channel to work for your mobo you need to have two identicle ram sticks in slots 1 & 3 ( the blue slots) or in slots 2 & 4 (the black slots) this will allow dual channel to run.

It does I looked in his manual online. Although now I realize he said he had already put them in 1&3 and other various configurations soooo I'm not entirely sure what's up now. I've never heard of a motherboard where you had to manually set in the BIOS for the RAM to run in dual channel but it may be something you should look for. Otherwise if it's two identicle sticks it should pop in and be ready to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom