Intel Gains an Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The51 said:
I beg to differ...

how can you beg to differ when all the benchmarks for gaming show amd ahead? even my proc the amd 3500 beats the 3.77EE in some games.

What? Nubioso, ju haf challenged my honor. I haf no recourse but to challenge ju to a duel... pistols hat dawn, ju scoundrel.

Ha. It doesn't bother me. Just keep your rice-burner out from in front of my Expedition...
lol I hate rice burners even more, but I've grown up with my dad being a chevy person my whole life so that's all I'm accustomed to ;)

I may have to bite the bullet though because in the future I may be recieving a small ford from my brother lol and it's lasted him forever. Quite a good little truck and since my friend totalled my nissan over a year ago I'm in need of something new. So at that point I'll say 'Fords suck! Except for mine'

It's still pretty impressive though, considering the Intel is only running at 2.8GHz (which is relatively low considering what's out now) and it's competing with a 3500+, I'd say Intel is doing something right.

That being said, it does use two cores therefore it's not really an accurate comparison and there won't really be one until we see the Toledo released, and then these things will be dated and it'll still be kinda unfair.

Not to say I'm a monster multitasker either, but I do occasionally like running pretty intensive programs behind games and stuff which starts to bog down my system.

I'm still not decided if dual cores are for me or not though, I think I'd rather have a powerful single threaded for cheap than some expensive multithreaded one though.

I really wish a TOP Engineer from AMD & a TOP Engineer from Intel could steal design plans from both of the companies and merge them into a new, SUPER CPU. It would have to be the best for gaming and heavy multitask friendly. Kinda like the P4 3.73 EE meets the AMD FX-55. They could call it the "haVoc2k5" it would be quad core and run at 4.0Ghz. It would also cost $2,500.00 and you would need to cool it with the surface of Pluto. Wishful thinking!!!

It's still pretty impressive though, considering the Intel is only running at 2.8GHz (which is relatively low considering what's out now) and it's competing with a 3500+, I'd say Intel is doing something right.
Yeah that's what I said in a previous post. Atleast they are getting to the point of making each clock cycle count instead of just raising to higher and higher clock speeds with little effect.

That being said, it does use two cores therefore it's not really an accurate comparison and there won't really be one until we see the Toledo released, and then these things will be dated and it'll still be kinda unfair.
Not only is it two cores vs one, but it has a hell of a lot more L2 cache and going against a mid-ranged AMD64, it's not even a contest. I'd call it more propaganda to make the Intel look better.

I'm still not decided if dual cores are for me or not though, I think I'd rather have a powerful single threaded for cheap than some expensive multithreaded one though
Well if they take the awesome single threaded power of an AMD, and they keep that power, and put it into the AMD Dual cores we're looking at one helluva chip no doubt, which you can sign me up for any day :D

I really wish a TOP Engineer from AMD & a TOP Engineer from Intel could steal design plans from both of the companies and merge them into a new, SUPER CPU. It would have to be the best for gaming and heavy multitask friendly. Kinda like the P4 3.73 EE meets the AMD FX-55. They could call it the "haVoc2k5" it would be quad core and run at 4.0Ghz. It would also cost $2,500.00 and you would need to cool it with the surface of Pluto. Wishful thinking!!!
The all new Intamd haVoc2k5 4GHz CPU....featuring quad nubioso cores :D

Nubius said:
it DIDNT beat out a FX-55 dude. Read the damn article, it's against an AMD64 3500+ which is what....2.2GHz?

why dont YOU read the damned article, and look at the benchmarks. thx plz come again, (if u read it ud realize that the 2.7ghz o/ced pentium-m beats the bejesus out of the $1000 fx-55 amd chip, and the tests it does lose, it loses by a very very small amount)

*EDIT* the Pentium-M did NOT lose a single game fps benchmark, and in the HL2 benches, the poor fx-55 got dropped by 23 fps...

Where are you pulling this all from?

You have the remember that the FX-55 can overclock too mate, pump it up to 3GHz and see how the Pentium does.

Dude, the Pentium M is overclocked 700MHz.

Once you start pumping up the FX-55, even on stock air cooling, the Pentium-M would lose every single edge it's gained from the overclock.

I'm assuming that Pentium has taken a leaf outta AMDs book and has started shortening pipelines in a couple their processors and getting some lower clock speeds out of it.

I don't even know why you brought any of this up in this thread seeing how it has nothing to do with the mobile or FX-55.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom