Performance question

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because you can't simply jump it from 166 to 200 and expect it to work. That's overclocking your computer by a hefty amount. You need to be able to lock your AGP/PCI bus at 66:33MHz otherwise your comp isn't going to let the FSB raise very far. If your motherboard allows you to lock those two things, then you can raise your FSB slowly, meaning 5MHz increments, then booting to see if it's stable, until you get to 200 or close to it.

Read the OC'ing basics sticky at the top over the overclocking thread for more info

I asked the same question and Nubius and others gave me great answers, see here. This will tell you exactly how to overclock that CPU if you choose.

oh, be sure to take the cpu multiplier down a bit, it aint fun to see a processor get overclocked a bit too much and...well you know :angry:

Ok I read the OC'ing basics sticky and understood all of that, except for when I go into my bios and the only choice I have on my fsb is 200 or 166 and lower settings. How can I change it by 5mhz?

Panther5060 said:
oh, be sure to take the cpu multiplier down a bit, it aint fun to see a processor get overclocked a bit too much and...well you know :angry:

Actually it's really fun to see a processor fry, pop, explode, vaporize, ect. It's just not fun for the person who has to pay to replace it.

See why it is fun by watching this.

Or this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom