New HL2 level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hl2 is more cpu dependent but this lighting will prob be based on graphx card using my common sense (prob wrong) but i heard 6600gt will be able to run it but at lower settings than usual

I heard it will need a GeForce 6 series card to run, and no current ATI will run it.
Wouldn't make much sense being that that game is made for ATI, and the guy 'head director' of valve or whatever you want to call him is biased towards ATI.

It won't matter. Just make sure you've got the calculation (cpu) and rendering (gpu) muscle, and you'll be fine.

how could no ATi run it.... they have the best card out right now, or is it a pixel shader 3 thing ?

ATI does not have the best cards out right now...the x8's are getting their buts whomped, their SLI's aren't even stable, they're behind NVIDIA in technology compliance, and they're overpriced.

This will likely flop back and forth over time as always, but for right now, ATI is not making the best cards on the market.

VIII said:
how could no ATi run it.... they have the best card out right now, or is it a pixel shader 3 thing ?

Yeah, it requires Pixel Shader 3. This so pisses me off...yet another reason I hate ATI and the X800 series. :( :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom