Asus releases Pentium-M adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here come the AMD fans trying to make pathetic excuses. No Intels have way better memory bandwidth. I get like 5998MB/s/5997MB/s on sandra's memory bench compared to AMD scoring like 3000 each way.
Only on socket A systems like mine dale, which I know is probably the only memory bench you've seen from an AMD since I just posted mine the other day. Don't make foolish assumptions like that. The AMD64's have way better memory controller on-die opposed to one in the NB on the socket A systems. It's not "AMD Fans excuses" its the truth, they get the same memory bandwidth if not better than Intels. It's not like every intel ever made has had the good memory bandwidth. Only the more recent ones just like AMD64

Not only that, but my XP-M at 2.7GHz gets only 700 less than the OC'd Pentium M at 2.7GHz on the arithmatic and 600 less on the multimedia. I'll say it's about time they start making their processors due more per clock cycle than having huge clock cycles, but we're talking an XP-M that scores almost on par with this 'latest and greatest' and then the AMD64s memory bandwidth is the same or better according to some articles

I wouldn't call the Pentium M the "latest and greatest" I think it's been around for a little while now, but it's a solid notebook processor. I completely forgot you had an older model AMD, I guess that probably would effect the memory. I will get sandra on my other computer today and see what I can come up with as far as the memory. I was just lazy before.

How am I supposed to have it by june/july? They haven't even released it yet. And ever after that it takes some time to get out to the market. So maybe I will have it in 4 or 5 months. I'm not sure about the benchmarks being fake, of course I don't really know that site so perhaps they could be. But I'm sure some other sites will review it soon enough.

My processor is really getting annoying. It isn't even summer yet, just like 74ºF and the thing is now getting past 70C on load and my motherboard monitor alarm kept going off so I had to turn it off. This computer I got in the fall so it has never seen this kind of heat. I am definitely going to have to put a couple regular fans next to it.

According to AnandTech, Asus is offering it as a bundle with a mobo for $130.
Currently, ASUS is listing the CT-479 as a part of a bundle with the P4P800-SE, priced at $130. At that price, the solution is almost half the price of the AOpen/DFI motherboards, and you get all of the benefits of the 865 chipset. The main benefit of the 865 chipset in this case is its dual channel DDR400 memory controller. The 533MHz FSB Pentium Ms are memory bandwidth starved by the 855GME's single channel DDR333 memory controller, so being paired with an 865 gives the CPU more memory bandwidth than it can use.
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2382&p=2

I wouldn't call the Pentium M the "latest and greatest" I think it's been around for a little while now, but it's a solid notebook processor
I only say that on the basis it's been released and revamped just recently from ASUS. Yeah of course it's not like a top end desktop processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom