Intel Gains an Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a second....after further examination of that article it says

The multitasking tests show the Pentium D 2.8GHz and the Athlon 64 3500+ as equal competitors, with AMD winning the first two tests and Intel winning the last. This just goes to show you that not all multitasking will be immediately faster on a dual core chip
So how does the Pentium totally clean up the AMD? Says in the multitasking tests they are almost equals :confused:

Then on the next test

Once again, AMD's 3500+ takes the lead in the MCC tests, despite the benefits of dual core in the area.

But then yes I see here for internet content creation

SYSMark shows the exact opposite with the Pentium D taking the lead in all three of the ICC testsp

Ahh yes the dual core benefits really shine in encoding....wonder if AMD's will relinquish that lead that intel seems to have on that.

Ahh aright, two multitasking sections...well damn...that's cool. Crazy how the AMD64s really do make that much difference in gaming and then the pentiums will encode and multitask like beasts.....but with dual core vs a single, it shouldn't at all be a surprise....errr this just makes me want to see AMD Dual core action already haha

The web browsing is just ridiculous. AMD64 really didn't hang at all lol. But once again I'd expect nothing less from dual cores with 2mb of L2 cache, I mean come on, the AMD64 3500+ vs the latest and greatest with 2 cores and that much L2 Cache? That's like seeing a dual core FX-57 with 1mb L2 cache having an article written with benches again a celeron.

Not bad at all for the Intel. Now they just gotta abide by antimonopoly laws ;) har har it's a joke don't take it too seriously people

i dont think ima build a new computer untill all this crap settles down

dual core, single core, dual vcard, single vcard, ddr2, rdram remake, ddr...

4 months and things should settle down again...

Nubius said:
That means nothing. AMD Dual cores are right around the corner, not to mention the 4200+ and FX-57 and whatnot. It's just going back and forth between when Intel releases something new and then AMD. Within a few months there will be a 'AMD ROCKS' thread with new benchmarking results. It's how 'business competition' works

yes it does mean something... if the 2.0ghz p4 mobile oced to 2.7ghz equals an athlon 64 fx-55, and the athlon 64 3500 is already beating dual cored pentiums, you can sure as hell bet that the pentium mobiles will be meaning a lot more than "nothing"

btw... amd is aiming these dual cored cpus for the server/biz market, not the average desktop user...

The dual core will be released on socekt 939 so normal desktop users can use them, there not being directed at server builders only.....

Server chips will be released first. April 21st, according to news reports.

Dual core 939s will be released next, followed by 754s.

AMD has already announced that the dual cores will run on existing platforms with a BIOS update.

I really don't think the difference between AMD and Intel is different enough to really be causing a big fight over it. Its not like ATI vs. Nvidia where there is a huge earth shattering difference between the two. Combined with the right RAM and video card, both an Intel and an AMD machine will kick arse.

Very true, Beedub. Everyone has their personal favorites.

I like Fords. My mother-in-law swears by Chevy. My dad drives a GMC Sierra. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Besides, when the smoke clears and the dust settles, they both work, eacha little different from the other.

yes it does mean something... if the 2.0ghz p4 mobile oced to 2.7ghz equals an athlon 64 fx-55,p
it DIDNT beat out a FX-55 dude. Read the damn article, it's against an AMD64 3500+ which is what....2.2GHz?

btw... amd is aiming these dual cored cpus for the server/biz market, not the average desktop user...
AMD is releasing server dual cores, THEN desktops, THEN mobiles, so yes they will have ones for average desktop users. I posted this info about a month ago.

Fords suck! :p

What? Nubioso, ju haf challenged my honor. I haf no recourse but to challenge ju to a duel... pistols hat dawn, ju scoundrel.

Ha. It doesn't bother me. Just keep your rice-burner out from in front of my Expedition...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom