Performance question

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I took out the old ram and just put in the hyperx. It's running dual channel, if that matters. Ill just list my complete system. Sorry about that.

amd 2500+ barton
asus a7n8x deluxe
1gb pc3200 hyperx
80gb western digital
9500 pro

With the 2500+, the front side bus value is 333, so the 167 is right on. At that speed, your RAM will run as PC2700. To fully utilize your PC3200 RAM, you will need to overclock the processor to a FSB value of 400, which would be in BIOS as 200. Does that make sense? In short, if you're running your processor stock, then the RAM will run at PC2700 speed.

Pizza hit the nail on the head.

Your CPU has a lower FSB than the RAM. For best optimization then just underclock your RAM with tighter timings and make sure the RAM and CPU is running at a 1:1 ratio

Dang, why is that Kingston HyperX so expensive? I have Corsair XMS, and right now a 512MB stick is just $83 on zipzoomfly with free shipping. Man, there is no way the Kingston is $55 bucks better than the Corsair.

Alright thank you, last time I tried to changes the fsb to 200. My computer wouldnt start, but that was with pc3000. Would I be able to change the fsb now that I have new memory? Thanks for responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom