6800Ultra or 6800GT??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickBrown7804

In Runtime
For a person that doen't have a huge problem dropping money into a vid. card the problem of buying a ultra or a GT is kind of annoying.

Like i said i dont mind spending money but $550 bucks for the PCI express model is kind of pushing it. Especially since i can get a GT for $400.

My question is really how much better is the ultra over the GT. Is it really worth the extra $150 to an already $400??

I know what the two can do ive studied up on both basically i want opinions.

Let the debating begin...

All I can say is that I went with the Ultra. My problem is I only know enough to be dangerous and I have to have the BEST.

Yea thats how i feel. I want to have the best of everything.

Probably why my system is almost 2g's without a monitor... I just realized that jesus..

NickBrown7804 said:
Yea thats how i feel. I want to have the best of everything.

Probably why my system is almost 2g's without a monitor... I just realized that jesus..

LOL!! I just spent $3,000 on a system..............without monitor, speakers, keyboard or mouse. :)

my last upgrade was $2g lol .Mem/VC/MB/CPU . I prefer the ultra series do to stability .Ive OC'ed this card to what i think is pretty good with stock cooling . Imagine if i had a very good cooling setup :)

My system was $2k, and I got what I thought was the best at the time, but it can be easily outperformed by a $800 system today with an Athlon 64 and a 6600 GT. I feel so ripped off. :(

Get the eVGA 6800 GT and overclock it to Ultra. This is very easy to do because the eVGA has a larger heatsink.

beedubaya said:
My system was $2k, and I got what I thought was the best at the time, but it can be easily outperformed by a $800 system today with an Athlon 64 and a 6600 GT. I feel so ripped off. :(

Can't you just upgrade your comp?

I meant ive spent 2 g's without a vid card and memory. So with the Ultra and the Memory im getting prolly about 800 bucks more.

Anyways thanks for posting.

TonCrafter said:
Can't you just upgrade your comp?

I shouldn't need to, since I just spent my 2 grand in June (see my specs), but there are things on the horizon, such as the HDR mod for HL2 that my system, especially my video card, won't handle.

beedubaya said:
I shouldn't need to, since I just spent my 2 grand in June (see my specs), but there are things on the horizon, such as the HDR mod for HL2 that my system, especially my video card, won't handle.

I see. Well, your not to bad off though. Just get a better video card and MAYBE a faster processor and your set.................right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom