Not open for further replies.

Shrimp

In Runtime
Specs:

2.2 Gig Celeron
512 Ram
40 giog hardrive
Some crappy mobo wit onboard gfx/sound

Right, this has been happening for 6 months now and is really starting to get on my nerves. My computer keeps freezing at random times. I've tested quite a few things.

I don't think it's the memory.
It's not the onboard gfx because I added a radeon once and it still did it.
It's not software related because I've formatted it countless times.
It's a brand new PSU so it's not that.
My fan is working fine so I doubt that's that either.

That leaves Cpu, Mobo and Hard-drive. I don't think it's the hard-drive though. Could any of those parts be faulty and cause the computer to crash?

Thank you for your time.

diabloII said:
what program(s) do you have running when it's freezing?

Happens with every program. It's totally random.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Give full specs about your crappy motherboard

I can't find full specs. I doubt there's any incompatabilities though.

Download Belarc's Advisor (free) and post what it says about your mobo:
http://belarc.com/free_download.html

Cut out your autoloaders:
Also, cut out your autoloaders. Click Start--> Run--> type msconfig--> Enter--> click the Startup tab. Uncheck everything except your anti-virus, firewall, and anything you absolutely need (like your broadband and such)... Click Apply--> Restart. You will probably notice that your computer starts up a whole lot faster. Oh, and when your computer does restart, you'll have a reminder box pop up (the System Configuration Utility). Check the don't run on startup box, then OK.

Cutting out all the programs that loads with Windows may get rid of the problem if it is a software conflict.

You may also have adware/ spyware on your system. Download MS AntiSpyware (free if you have a legitimate copy of Windows):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

Try these out and post back if they helped.

I would suggest running your anti virus and spyware scans in safe mode. This way nothing unnecessary is running and you can catch more viruses and spyware can be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom