Need a router ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom2playa

In Runtime
I have a high speed internet connection, 3mbs which router should i get to connect 1 computer and a PS2 ? I dont need a wireless router.thanks

Linksys BEFSR41 EtherFast Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch

I only buy Linksys products. They're the best.
I saw some of these on ebay for $20 if you like cheap.

I would go with the Linksys, for the economical solutions, they are #1 on my list, the router config is also easy for many to understand, and if it gets confusing, never forget, it comes with a manual :)

dale5605 said:
Linksys BEFSR41 EtherFast Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch

I only buy Linksys products. They're the best.
I saw some of these on ebay for $20 if you like cheap.

I agree with dale.

My linksys SR41 lasted me fine for 4 years. I dropped it about 10 times from 1.5 meters too. Suddenly stopped working, 4 years is pretty good for an abused router.

But linksys sucks in comparasion to cisco :p

I use cisco routers now :)

They are more expensive and not really worth it. I mean like what's the point of getting a gigabit router for example when the speed difference is so very minimal.
I don't see why cisco is any better. They are just more for business users, not really any better. Perhaps marginally faster, but reliability about the same.

edit: DJ, your sig, soo funny lol. I blocked that guy so long ago, I don't know how you can stand him. :p

dale5605 said:
They are more expensive and not really worth it. I mean like what's the point of getting a gigabit router for example when the speed difference is so very minimal.
I don't see why cisco is any better. They are just more for business users, not really any better. Perhaps marginally faster, but reliability about the same.

edit: DJ, your sig, soo funny lol. I blocked that guy so long ago, I don't know how you can stand him. :p

Because I always help people and he has gotten better :p

Cisco are ALOT more reliable though, and who cares if a router is a gigabit, routers route, I think if i have a gigabit switch I still get gigabit speeds on the LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom