Computer+Webcam=BSoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
I'm having difficulty with my FuljiFilm Finepix 2650. When plugging it into the USB port in webcam mode, I get a blue screen saying that there was some kind of device failure, and the system dies. I can't start it again successfully after that, unless I run Roxio Goback to restore the system config (not sure why, but it gets part or even most of the way through the startup processes, and then just stops and becomes unresponsive)

It's a gateway 400VTX lappy with 2.20GHz ACPI P-4M CPU, 512MB of DDR DRAM and Windows XP Home (SP1)

any help would be nice... I don't like BSoDs, and I don't like being prevented from plugging in my hardware either.

Webcam

Windows xp & and fuji sometimes .......well i repeat sometimes don't work well ......but that is just by experience so ..nothing as technical...

just check the USB ports ur having is it 2.0 version or 1.0

and see the web cam is compatible with that

now u see that everythhing is compatible ...just boot the system in safe mode and go to device manager there would be USB root hubs just remove all of them

make sure before u do this all the USB devices and internet is unplugged physically

after that restart and then connect the devices ...

also if u have installed the software for the same uninstall before doing all the steps above

after restarting install the software and connect again ...

otherwise check with USB ports with gateway

tell me the result of this and i will tell u what to do further

I have USB 2.0... when checking fuji's site for drivers, they tell me I need "USB 4.0" drivers for the webcam, which makes no sense...

Wouldn't doing that require that I uninstall and reinstall ALL of my USB devices? (scanner, mouse, disks, PDA, etc...) I'm not sure how this is a satisfactory solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom