PC hangs after startup - even in setup and windows install!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobo Help

Win 98 will run with 512 fine.Ive ran with 576 befor any problems.Also have you tried to blow out the heat sync could it be heat. I just got a p2 and it was freezing up after about 10 min
I just cleaned it up and reformated and its runing fine no freeze ups.Might give it a try.

it might somthing to do with the sdram(memory that you just installed) if it is a PIII then you some install a pc-100 sdram not pc133..try it

e 3Need help on this one, but i may say that i used to fix the same problem before, but that method that i used with the first computer that i fix it don;t work with the same pc same board same problem, The problem is this the computer hangsup and when i try boot it again it say windows error protection problem then IO:, i did try to boot it on dos mode and try re-installing the OS by the way the os is Windows 98 which i did on the other pc with the same problem i get the blue screen and sometimes the mprexe error i did try to start it on safe-mode and try to unload all the windows devices but no luck. But when i try to insatall the harddrive to other pc with the same board ASUS it work properly. Need help on this one. The pc ASUS AMD Duron 850Mhz 256 sdram award bios 4.6

i predict you will not find a solution to your problem. it's pretty obvious why you were given this computer; the guy that gave it to you already knew about these problems. i am certain you will find the root of your problem is a serious hardware failure, possibly from the motherboard.

I have no question it must be the mobo.

Either that or the RAM or the processor. But my moneys on the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom