From ALIENWARE back to DELL -- but look at what I get!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ki9090 said:
lol you beat me to it chris. But you never know you might need duel video cards to run power point :p

And both of you beat ME to it. lol

Yeah definitely powerpoint! lol

2gb for work thats just not needed, my opinion and 300 gb thats cray too, well for me but if u tell me a reason why u need that much thats good its ur comp neway

just cuz its good for gaming doesnt mean it wont be good for anything else plus even then that computer has the power to do anything and if you even want to use it fo anything else itll do it for you too i mean dudes that is the best and dual vid cards take some load off the cpu when running graphics intensive programs i.e. video editing so hey dont criticize it just cuz itll dominate in gamin

a workstation card serves a different purpose than a gaming gfx card

2gb for work thats just not needed, my opinion and 300 gb thats cray too, well for me but if u tell me a reason why u need that much thats good its ur comp neway

do you run a business?

thought so.

arent dual processors meant for like servers... if i were you id stick with what you had.

VIII,

You mean to tell me that system I configured
won't kick ass?!

It's for a business. The 2GB ram assures I can
run a boatload of startup programs, multi-task
and burn a DVD all at the same time.

Mr. Peabody...thanks. You took a great deal
of time to price out a system for me. I am
really taken back by your generosity.

Actually, have a friend that deals with DELL
for his business. They priced my original
configuration at $3200 SHIPPED. This includes
the 300 GB SCSI drive.

Only another $849 for the 24" monitor (usually
$1200) since it is part of the package deal.

How can I beat that?!

Thus far I have decided to go with Dell. Hope
they take care to make sure the system cools
properly.

Also...any major difference between dual 3.2 -> 3.6 GHZ
on the CPU?

no, thats not what im saying. but i would personally go with the Alienware

yea; alienware's build quality and products used are 100000x better than dell's skimpy products that barely meets the pre-requisite and poor build quality (i read on a newspaper once that they make over 6 figures of computers a day over like 6 factories)

If u want to go with dell, thats ur choice. i know ur thinking in terms of money. but think quality. dell wont give u that. alienware will, even if they charge more for it. i guarantee u that u will become pissed with dell running that thing. maybe not at 1st, but eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom