WINMX a good p2p sharing software??

Status
Not open for further replies.
winmx does not just p2p mp3's....you can choose to get anything you want (its an option down and to the right of where you type in search text)

I'd get on exeem

www.exeem.com

it's WinMX meets Kazaa meets suprnova.org

i.e. p2p torrents....fast....real files kwith feedback and comments (to prevent fake files kfrom getting all over)

LimeWire Pro - doesn't contain any spyware - I've used it for quite sometime and ran several spyware/anti-virus programs. Nothing found - eXeem is also a great program still in Beta stages though.

psman said:
aha
WINMX only shares MP3s so Im not worried about downloaded stuff im only thinking about the Bundled Malwares
Uh...no. WinMX shares ANYTHING.

WinMX is a great peice of software, but it is a bit clunky and isn't being updated anymore. Plus there's zero documentation, so what you can't figure you, you have to crawl onto the forum for. It's pretty simple once you get it up and running. I use it almost every day.

And WinMX has NO ads or malware included. It's clean.

ill share with u...
winmx i used to use.. great.. spyware free.. only problem is it isn't being updated just as shoobie said. so there is alot of times where u cant get the song or file u want kus u cant connect!

limewire is great...spyware free and u connect 90% of the time.. ive never had trouble starting a transfer of any kind..
all i suggest is this.. never use ANY program that is used for things like this... that asks for more than a screen name.. :) less they know.. the less they can tell ppl that we wouldn't want to know

Limewire does not contain spyware. But if you download alot of EXE's and ZIP's, those files may be bundled with spyware and A/V will not pick spyware up. I have used limewire for 1 year and I have not gotten any spyware, but I did get viruses, and my A/V picked it up soo no problems here.

I would stick to either Torrentspy, or Exxem. I like them much better than those P2P programs.

Win mx doesnt contain any spy-ware, you can share mp3, mpeg,avi,txt, basically anything. It is quick and small, and has advanced features too such as bandwidth limiting for modem users and the ability to search nap-protocal servers.
doesnt use up system recources, but its gui is not too pretty though.

Lime wire is ok, but i find that it uses up too much of my systems recources, WinMx is easy on your computer, but Lime wire also has a nice gui, it is a bit easier for new users than winmx

i have to admit that when lime wire is downloading it uses lot of ur internet connection... but for me i jsut open the IMs i want and let em load haha so np for me =)

No one uses Direct Connect? You can access public hubs that hace $h!t loads of files. How ever my network is closed, so its only an on network hub, but there are public ones out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom