ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhsrcjh

In Runtime
Will pc100 ram and pc133 ram work together? Or, will they interchange on the motherboard? My thunderboard motherboard bit the dust. It has 448m of pc100 ram in it. I am now using a dell, about 3 years old, that has 384m of pc 133 ram on it. Just wondered if I can use them together or will they even fit. Not sure what the motherboard is in the dell but it has a Pentium 3 processor. It also has windows ME. I had XP on the other computer. Would like to put XP on this one but I understand that MS won't let me do that. They won't even answer me on that question.

yes, they're practially the same thing. they will work. lol, why are you still using pc100/133?

Usually, you *should* be able to mix-and-match without any problems; the RAM will run at the frequency of the slowest module, but...

I have noticed that certain Intel-manufactured motherboards may refuse this, namely the CA810E (especially on earlier revisions of the board).

AFAIK, Dell uses "modified" versions of Intel motherboards, so you may want to check before mixing RAM.

What I had thought about doing was put all the pc100 ram in place of the pc133 ram. Just did not know if that would be the thing to do. As for still using the pc100 and the pc133, that is what is in the computers. Not going to change any unless it is necessary.

I took the pc133 board out and put the pc256 board in place of it. The computer still shows 384M I just put the 128 board back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom