Windows Activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold123

Baseband Member
i recently reformatted my computer, and installed windows xp home edition from a dell computer disc, the little notification in the bottom right of my screen keeps popping up telling me that i have XX days to register. I have a windows xp home key, but it is a key that came with the xp home upgrade disc, and the key wont work. any ideas on wher ei can get a key or a way around this?

desiboi said:
I can call the *****es at Microsoft, or illegaly crack it, that's what I do.
Since we don't support illegal activity, or pansy run-aways, we suggest you contact Microsoft. Your upgrade key should work, unless it's OEM, then you'll need to check that you haven't exceeded the maximum uses for that key.

Either way, call up Microsoft's 800 number. They're pretty good about helping people out, especially if you have the disks and key on hand. They may ask you to send your disks back so they can re-issue a new set safely. Either way, it's not painful.

Well, you hear a lot about it being painful...but then you find out that the morons making the call, called up with a anti-microsoft attitude and started puffing about linux...which led them to get hung up on. Of course, the idiocy and in-civility of the caller is always Microsoft's fault to these people.

Personally I would crack the activation, and I have a legit copy. I can't stand talking to people who can barely speak english, since Microsoft sent 99% of their customer support to India.

Personally I would crack the activation, and I have a legit copy. I can't stand talking to people who can barely speak english, since Microsoft sent 99% of their customer support to India.

Hey I'm indian you know? lol. Bunch of dippers Bill hired.

Fine. Call up Microsoft, tell them you want them to restore all their tech support back to the US, and that you want them to return to charging the shyt out of you for support like they used to, rather than having the nice 1-800 service they do now.

uzi9mm said:
Well thay should at least pay for some English classes on the weekends for them.
Yeah, like you get correct English here in the States, right?
Youz wans fwies wif dat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom