flashing with ata100 cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekÆsine

Fully Optimized
i'm learning how to flash my sony dw-u12a dvd ± 4X burner. so far it sounds dangerous and i'm not sure which version i'm supposed to use. i came along to this old thread and someone suggested

"Did you set it as Seconday slave, with another CD-Rom as Master? Make sure it is an ATA100 cable, not a 66 cable too"

what the hell is ATA100 cable?

if anyone knows which firmware version i should use please let me know. my burner was pulled from a vaio desktop and it will not burn at 4X although nero says it is. it takes 25-30 mins to burn a dvd at 4X so it really is burning at 2X. one dvd was playable in my sony home dvd player, but not in my dvd-rom. if i didn;t have these problems i wouldn't even think about flashing. this is where i found the firmwares:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1518

oh i see. when i receive a new motherboard it clearly states in the manual that they include either a 40 wire ata33 cable for cd roms Or a 80 wire ata66 for the the hard drives. i have never heard of ata100 cable.

i think it was that he said ata100 cable that threw me off. dave thanks for the links, i will do more research on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom