AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, it has compatibility for it, which means sse is the standard

3d-now! is amds version of sse, and as amd is saying "we have compatibility for sse" that would make sse the standard wouldnt it.

intel doesnt have 3d-now! because it doesnt need it... it has sse lmfao

Well thanks to the pentium-m adapter it looks like after 27 pages Intel has finally won the battle vs. AMD. Oh well, good try AMD fans, better luck next time.

Dale... you cant say that until its confirmed. Please, give me more than one site that shows this overclocking miracle, and I'll gladly concede the intel's superiorness. Otherwise, :p.

And isn't netburst the entire P4 archetecture, as a whole? Thats how I've always heard it explained, maybe it was a mis-understanding...

** Nevermind about netburst... it IS just a new archetecture. Increases pipeline depth and something about cache, that allows for faster CPUs.

Wow... isnt that the same thing as upgrading froma K6 something to a K8 64 bit AMD? o_O?

har har, it takes 1 article for you all to go off your faces with how AMD are so much better.. your little flagship got beaten by a laptop, it cant be true!! hahaha well it is

im not gonna take sides in what i am sure is gonna now turn into a sh*t flinging contest...

brown is right, there is no second proof. And until then, intel fans dont gloat, because in all likely hood you are gonna get your gloating shoved right back into your face...

but if it is true, ima build a system for $1000 and itll be better than an athlon 64 fx-55 based system, embarrasing no?

well....
am am just finishing up my new computer
i chose intel...
but all together it was $530
whad ya think? ll
V

sounds good for the price, although you mite have been better off using the $$ for that celeronD to buy and 478 prescott or something

I'm not going to be one sided and say "pentium M's suck" because they are good CPU's, but there's one thing wrong with the comparision
the mobile Pentium M was actually overclocked, and almost reached (but not quite) the stock performance of the FX-55
it didn't actually outperform it
and they haven't tried comparing it to an overclocked FX-55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom