Gaming for dummies !

Status
Not open for further replies.
im a pc gamer, but only certain types, like C&C generals type of games, i hope that opening line of that link is untrue, cant see it myself

I'm at school and it won't let me access that website. Why do consoles suck? They are like $200 and still provide awesome graphics and games..

Well, first off, how can you tell the graphics are awsome? Most consoles are strictly designed for the capabilities of a TV, which ain't great. Second, they're entirely dedicated systems, which means they can push more power into the graphics without worrying about all the other things the GPU has to do in a PC environment.

Consoles (while I haven't personally owned one since NES) are very popular among gaming companies because they are INCREDIBLY easy to develope for. The hardware doesn't change. Everyone's got the same stuff. That's not the case in the PC world. Also, consoles are cheap because they're mostly made of integrated parts, aren't meant for hardware exchanging, and are typically made from the cheapest parts possible.

Exactly. You don't prove much of a point. Consoles deliver for people who can't afford to pay $1000 for a computer just to play games that looks really good.

Obviously you can't do computer stuff like type a paper or surf the web, but for people that just want to game it is a pretty good option.

Most likely in the near future they will have surfing the web en-abled, I'm sure they allready have but not as good as the "Orginal" Internet :)

You can do a hell of a lot more with a PC game over a console than just have pretty graphics.

The only reason games run sooo well on consoles is because the developers code the game to specifically work on that console. Also many game makers take advangtage of multiple media extensions that are built into the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom