New Pc Misleading Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18dav

Solid State Member
hi , i have just purchased a mid range advent t9003 pc and monitor package from good old pc world (im in the uk by the way)
it stated that the pc came with a radeon sapphire 256mb graphics card , upon examination using dxdiag it shows a 128mb card with a total approx memory of 256mb , i listed this question earlier and it is definetly 128mb not 128 bit , someone else suggested that it may be a 128mb card with another 128mb ram allocated to it, now my question is does that make it a true 256mb card or have pc world got it wrong....would it play like a 256mb card would.any help gratefully received...the machine runs games like doom 3 & farcry quite well on medium settings a little jerky on scenes if the setting is set to high....thanks

i just spoke to a pc world technician he says the card has 128mb of ddr ????

i have heard horror stories about them but to be honest but doom 3 and farcry play great on medium settings , i adjusted the settings to high on everything on farcry and it was a little jerky but still playable ,

i got a radeon 6800xt 128 last year and im well pleased with that, it has speeded up generals no end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom