upgrading Asus P4T533-C bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamminparidise

Solid State Member
I have an Asus p4t533-c mobo with bios revision 1003. Now i have a 3.06 with HT that needs bios revision of 1008 or later. How do i upgrade the bios without a functioning processor? I've contacted Asus tech support, but they've yet to contacte me concerning this matter after about a week now. I know i can replace the chip, but the Asus website has a flash utility. Can i flash the bios without a functioning processor? or do i have to buy a new chip and go from there?

any help is greatly appreciated
Shaun

thanks for the help, that's not exactly what i wanted to hear, one other thing though. I have some understanding that "moblie" pentium 4's won't work with desktop systems, i wouldn't see why they wouldn't, but i was told they wouldn't. I have another chip in a dell laptop is why i'm asking. It's only a 2.4 so i could use it if it would work in my motherboard.

OH, and no, the system doen't post at all, the thing only turns on the fans and all devices, i boot with no processor or processor, same thing happens.

>Will the system even post with the new chip? Don't worry if it >displays the wrong speed. If so..then you should be able to >boot to A: and flash it or enter windows and use the Asus flash >utility.

well, the other chip i had was out of a buddies computer, but he moved 3 states away, we just wanted to fire the beast up and see what would happen. I have one more option, my mom has a dell laptop that i could borrow the P4 2.4 out of it. I heard though that mobile processors are different? but they should basically be the same, maby a lower voltage but the mobo should auto sense that shouldn't it?

thanks for all the info guys.
Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom