XP Activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

scj6771

Baseband Member
I have imaged countless laptops over the years using PowerQuest Deploy Center, I have never ran into many issues untill lately, after imaging a few IBM X40 laptops running Windows XP and deploying that image onto other X40'S I can't get those machine to activate XP, I am using the correct key codes and still it tells me that the code is wrong, so I figured I would use the IBM restore option to bring the machine back to it's factory state and image the machine with an older X40 image that I know works, yet still even after restoring the older image I get the same error when I try to activate windows, what is causing this? why would it still have this problem even after restoring it back to factory and then re-imaging? could I re-run Sysprep?

yea, i used my same cd code 3 times and after that they dont let you use it no more. but there is a way you can use xp without puting in the cd key. when it says to put in the cd key just press cancel the computer will reboot and it will load your desktop. but you still have to activate xp somehow.

You have to call up windows and do the activation over the phone. I wipe my computer every three or four months, and have had to do this after the fourth or fifth time. Just call them up, it doesnt take very long, write down the number they give you, see if you can use it more than once. Let us know what happens.

yes call the microsoft and there is a tab in windows activation "change the product key "

then u need to give the new 22 chaechtor code to microsoft and in return they will give u another one ......which will work so go ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom