Asus releases Pentium-M adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no lga775...
I know, that is why I said "where is it?"
See, if it were there, I would have said "there it is!"
See the difference? :D

~Edit~ I am a jack ass.....

Well the cooling doesn't seem too big an issue since they got it overclocked to FX-55 levels on the regular air cooling, which is plenty enough for me of an overclock I think. Of course if you wanted to go nuts and watercool it I suppose you could fit a block on there somehow, I don't know.
It may not work on many boards but mine happens to be one of them. I spent $200 on this motherboard and I'm not looking to get rid of it anytime soon, so I'm seriously considering upgrading my processor to one of these mobiles.

Panther5060 said:
and its included in the package.

DJ im not talking about the straight k6, that wasnt even the equivilant to the pentium 1...

im talking about the k6-2/+/k6-3/+

those processors came out at speeds ranging from 333mhz to 550mhz when at the time intel had the pentium 2 out, which promptly got whipped. The k6-2+ even kept up with a p3 about 50mhz faster so... ya, and for under 200$ for a top of the line cpu, you can guarantee that amd got itself into the race with that cpu line.

Trotter

none of the imitations that amd made surpassed the originals :D

and ya, with the last three, i DEFINATLY want to see some other benchmarks supporting this too. This is more than likely too good to be true... Itd be rather amazing though dont you think... 2.0ghz p4 klowns athlon 64 fx-53 (prescotts have yet to really do that even LMAO)

dale

Microsoft is better than macintosh only because of the availability of programs on pcs, and the same lack of availability on macs. In terms of stability, security, and power, macs are probably better.

All what I know was I never liked them, and the 333 I was working on didnt have l2 cache :eek:

then u had a k6-2 and i agree, they were sorta like the early celerons

except they had 512kb/1mb cache on the motherboard, celerons had a big bag of air and a soda can...

btw, fitting a water cooler on this couldnt be that hard, they are saying the only reason you cant use a standard socket 478 heatsink is b/c the processor is too high in the socket=too much pressure and CRACK

so, remove the plastic brace, and get one of those bolt-through solutions with a backplate on the motherboard. Then its simply a matter of screw length/psi.

note: if ur gonna do that, tighten the two screws that the heatsink hangs from (once the case is rightside up) then tighten the ones it sits on. dont think it makes a difference, it does..

or even better... make yourself a shim from copper...

Panther5060 said:
btw, fitting a water cooler on this couldnt be that hard, they are saying the only reason you cant use a standard socket 478 heatsink is b/c the processor is too high in the socket=too much pressure and CRACK
That shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure my 133mm Zalman 7700-Cu 2.1 pound heatsink won't crack or damage it at all... :confused: :rolleyes:

its not the weight, its the pressure of either tightening the bolts down, or trying to get the heatsink to attach to the retention clip.

if your heatsink bolts on from a metal clip on the opposite side of the motherboard, ud probably need longer screws and thats about it lol.

oh and clearance for those jumpers...

The zalman has a backplate which 2 spacers and then you screw two small clips into the spacers to hold it.

@ Dale,

Let us know when you do upgrade to a Pantium mobile, and be sure to let us know the OC results.

I am actually starting to look at Intel. I like the looks of the BTX form factor.

yes dale tell us... but do it before june/july because those are my planned months for building a p4-M system and id hate to take your glory away from you... :D

dale5605 said:
And here come the AMD fans trying to make pathetic excuses. No Intels have way better memory bandwidth. I get like 5998MB/s/5997MB/s on sandra's memory bench compared to AMD scoring like 3000 each way.
must you turn this into an argument?
with your logic, I could say those are the words of an Intel fanboy
what you're doing is assuming that I'm on one side.
my "pathetic excuse" is not an excuse at all, it is just a question of accuracy.
I didn't say I dislike Intel at all, in fact I prefer Pentium 4's over Athlon XP's
I applaud Intel for their Pentium M's, but like said before, I don't really believe this benchmark is accurate
the fact is, Athlon 64's do get higher memory bandwith, because of their onboard memory controller.
maybe the Athlon XP's would get 3000 because of their low speed FSB, but Athlon 64's get well above that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom