OC a Dell Optiplex PIII?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ebayfreak, your risking the computer... If you dont know how to OC, then dont dear. I can tell you rite now, those computers are not built for OC. The newer dells would be ideal compared to those. Your mobo is not built to handle OC, so increasing the mhz and voltage can desolate your system.

Theirs more to OC then some program you DL... Dont suggest people those types of programs if they dont have the currect hardware they need. Or if they just have no clue what they are doing. They will end up crashing their system.

omd codeine- i sed earlier I DONT CARE ABOUT MESSING UP THAT COMPUTER!! someone gave it to me, so i'm willing to risk frying it!

thanks for the program idea- i'll try it sometime

Well I understand codeine but he really don't care about the computer which I would just sell it or what not and If he wants to take the risk then I really don't care. Anyeay if he was worried he wouldn't just trust me I'm sure he would want some other peoples advice. also I know he doesn't have the hardware to OC it but if he knows his temps are low enough he could do it and for your safty freak just don't listen to me, I'm not smart.

yeah but thats how you learn things. trial and error. i wouldnt want to try to OC my good computer, but instead experiment with a secondary computer.

I'll probably just sell it because it doesnt sound like i will be able to OC it.

it looks like your good computer is OC'd. There is no such thing as a 488 FSB bus unless you OC'd it.

You most likey cannot OC that Dell. But I was able to OC my old compaq but alot of the old P1's were able to OC from the board thru jumpers.

I would just not OC that optiplex and use it as a server or something. Or sell it and make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom