New HL2 level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
hey do any of you know about the new half life 2 level, the lost coast? i assume you do and i was wondering if my computer will be able to run this new "dynamic range lighting" bs? if any of you dont know its a new level thats free to owners of hl2 that is supposed to be the best graphics on a pc ever. i saw a screen of it and it looked so real. it was amazing.

sorry i havent been able to track this thing down ANYWHERE but im still lookin. the best i can do is an article on www.g4tv.com just search for the lost coast. its supposed to be the closest to real time lighting ever.

I heard something like that else where. About new technology and a new level. It would be nice if they provide that free to those who already bought it.

yes they will. it will be out within the month.(year if i know valve) and it will be free. it is supposedly for EXTREMELY high end machunes although they havent released the minimum specs yet

This HDR effect added to the HL2 engine will be so awesome if its done right. The one problem i've had with the source engine is the "behind the times" lighting. It looks like this is a chance for Valve to fix that.

P.S. EXTREMELY HIGH END MACHINES - I hope that doesn't count me out with my X800 Pro....and from what I've been hearing it might.

nah i doubt it, your pro might sux0r in doom, but remember, HL2 made for radeon, best on radeon :p

+ i havent heard u complain about ur low fps in hl2.. so i'd say youll be fine :)

from my understanding, they are adding in bloom lighting aswell, one of the main reasons 3dmark2005 lags so bad on a lot of peolpes computers including mine :)

as for the 6600gT running it, it should, but i would doubt it would cope at high settings.

it will run it ok, but not on max settings, like VIII said, i hope its more GPU dependent than CPU though... because if it uses lots of CPU power, im screwed... (im getting a 6600GT soon, so GPU will be fine.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom