Norton Personal Firewall 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisycutter

Beta member
I am running Windows 98 SE on a Pentium 3 (550Mhz) machine with 768MB of memory. Last year I ran Firewall 2002 with no problems, I am trying to load Firewall 2003 and it's driving me nuts ! It loads apparently perfectly and then asks for a reboot , Windows then grinds to a halt when it loads WPSRBND.386 which seems to be to do with bi directional printing.
When I uninstall Firewall 2003 , Windows loads normally.
Symantec support suggested gettiing rid of the offending file but this doesn't sounf particularly sensible as I do need the bi-directional print facility.

Anyone any ideas,please

why don't you just use the 2002 edition.
I had replaced my 2003 edition with Zone Alarm
1. it's free
2. it has very little hassles
3. it works:

Attachments

• im000034.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 10
daisycutter said:
I am running Windows 98 SE on a Pentium 3 (550Mhz) machine with 768MB of memory. Last year I ran Firewall 2002 with no problems, I am trying to load Firewall 2003 and it's driving me nuts ! It loads apparently perfectly and then asks for a reboot , Windows then grinds to a halt when it loads WPSRBND.386 which seems to be to do with bi directional printing.
When I uninstall Firewall 2003 , Windows loads normally.
Symantec support suggested gettiing rid of the offending file but this doesn't sounf particularly sensible as I do need the bi-directional print facility.

Anyone any ideas,please

Dont bother with Norton Firewall and use ZoneAlarm or Sygate. They both run well and should have conflicts with other files.:)

- John -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom