I screwed up? Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I needed to update my firmware to my dvd rw because of issues that were said to be causing problems with my computer. There was a firmware for a benq 1620 which is what my model was so I thought. I installed and now it screwed everthing up. My computer won't restart but just keeps cycling even in safe mode. I got into the bios and disabled the dvd rw. I now find out it is a benq 1620 pro which wasn't listed. What can I do??????

I may be wrong here,but you might have killed your drive.According to all the literature I've seen...the 1620 and the 1620 pro are practically identical.No Pro updates for firmware were available.Quite a few firmware updates can kill your drive even if it's the right one.I hope that I'm misinformed,but I wanted to be the one to state the "Worst case scenario".I don't know of any way to rollback firmware updates except possibly through a DOS application that I'm not sure I really trust.But,now that the worst has been stated.....at least you are prepared.Good luck!

I contacted benq and they sent me a new firmware update. They said the one on the site was OLD. Real old. He didn't know why it was there? Anyway it is up and going again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom