Applying Thermal Compound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Baseband Member
Hey guys, i was just wondering how much thermal compound i should apply before mounting on the heat sink onto my cpu?

I asked TheMajor and he gave me some info on how i should do it. He told me that i should apply a small droplet in the middle and then mount the heatsink on. Is this way correct?

or should i use enough compound and spread it around?

Also i'd like to know if i'm suppose to apply some pressure onto the heatsink before i put the clips on?

Alot of people put to much thermal paste on. Just make sure its completely spread-out on the howl surface evenely.

If your using a stock heatsink. Then it will simply snap on, using the plastic block. So very little pressure would be used. But if your using a aftermarket heatsink, then its going to take as much to get the job done as possible. I had to use an extreme amount of pressure to get my aftermarket heatsink in stable.

For a Pea to a grain of Rice. I've heard it all. Don't spread it out, Do Spread it out... Everyone has their own opinion.

I personally Apply a grain of rice sized drop and spread it out evenly.

Works well for me.

Personally I apply a generous just over a pea sized amount, spread it out with a ziploc baggie on my finger

Than take a credit card and wipe hard once than if needed softly wipe any other bumps.

Rember, im the 27 degree air cooling CPU whore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom