New low-end processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
but doesnt overclocking decrease the life of the CPU? well ive never overclocked before so that makes me a noob. with this computer, ill probably download a lot, surf the web a lot, and play games

but doesnt overclocking decrease the life of the CPU? well ive never overclocked before so that makes me a noob. with this computer, ill probably download a lot, surf the web a lot, and play games
It does, but I'm quite certain a CPU lifespan is estimated around a couple billion hours so you'll go from like 1,000,000,000 to like 800,000,000 hours. :p

RPG's:

1)Marrowmind
2)Fable
3)Warcraft 3

MMO's:

1)City of Heros/Villians
2)Dark age of Camelot
3)Guild Wars

Shooters:

1)CS:S(im guessing the specs on this game are HIGH)
2)GTA: San Andreas

Strategy:

1)Age of Empires 3

these should give you some ideas on what kinda games i would like my computer to run

all of the games you listed will run fine on any comp, but not cs:s

you'll need to dish out at least $100 for a gfx card

so...if you had to dish out atMOST $80 for a CPU to run those games which one would you buy?

Sempron
Celeron D
XP-M

XP-M. NEVER buy a celeron D. I'd almost prefer to be the prison mate of a man named Bubba then to use on of those.

haha. which XP-M would you recommend me? oh and if i want to overclock my future CPU would i need to use some kind of software program or can i just change the FSB in the BIOS?

you can adjust fsb in the bios, but if you're going to overclock, you're going to need at least $170 ram, not cheap $90-100 ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom