Is this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dale has a point with the software...It so f'n expensive. The price cant be fully blamed on that but....

I knew there was a reason I need to learn Linux.

Your kind of running off the principle. How much do you think Alienware gets their hardware/software for...? They can afford to sell it cheaper, but they choose to make as much profit as possible.

The computer i built, cost me around 3800$. If i customize my computer at Alienware, its going to be around 4600$. Maybe slightly more or slightly cheaper. Obviously the Newegg and Zipzoomfly can afford to sell hardware cheaper. So can Alienware among other brands. My 4000 cost me 605$ with tax. Im sure Alienware is getting those for around 350$ each. Why dont they sell them for 499$? Because they dont have too. They get enough clientele to jack the price up. That dont make it rite.

Another small factor to look at is assembly and testing. When you buy th parts from newegg you do the real work. How much you think someone gets paid to assemble alienware computers? I wouldnt think too much but still a small cost.

I charge people $150.00 USD to build them a computer, install OS, drivers and other software that comes with parts. IF they want me to transfer DATA from old PC or install other appz or set it up in their home, i charge $200.00 USD.

It's roughly 4 hours worth of work total. 4/150=$37.50 per hour.

I just finished 1 PC for a client and they spent 1,300.00 on parts and S&H. 150.00 labor. total of 1450.00

They were going to buy one from "DELL" and it was 2,100.00. I yelled at them, brought them to newegg.com filled up a shopping cart with much better parts, same specs, told them my labor charge and they payed me $150.00 labor on the spot.

Word of mouth gets me a new client almost every other week.

Ha, I charge 50 bucks canadian for complete assembly plus any technical issues people have with their computers at anytime, no limited time warranty crap or anything like that.

I wouldn't even mind doing it for 5 bucks though, the hardest part is installing the operating system, building and tweaking the machine is always fun.

If they want, I'll personally have my go at overclocking it for them absolutely free, although not many people take that offer. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom