Broken 6600 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
i made another thread about this but it turned to shit because of some fag that thinks he is a genius. not gonna say any names but go post somewhere else. you know who you are.

ok i just installed my 6600 gt and was having some problems with it. i have installed the latest drivers, and uninstalled the old ones from my ati card. when i try to play a game, it gets extremely laggy, and although my fps is around 60, it still slows to a crawl. i called tech support but nobody knows whats going on and trust you guys more so im asking you.

am i gonna have to return my card or is it something i can fix

i went into device manager or whatever and right clicked on uninstall for the video card. i am gonna try to search for ati on my computer and see what shows up

Switching between ATI and Nvidia for a gamer f*cks with everything on your PC. Both companys change alot of stuff windows wise

ok, i think everyone should just calm down a bit, the reformating is a good idea, you should do that reinstall drivers from cd and then update your drivers and see where that gets you

Use Driver Cleaner what Tipsy said. Then once you have cleaned, use the search function and search for "ATI" make sure you know what you are deleteing before you start and remove all ATI feilds which are related to your old card.

Tons of people are experiencing problems with ATI/Nvidia switchings. But one might be your video card cant handle your task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom