How does the Via chipset compare to the Nforce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I ask is I was looking at this abit AX8 board vs. the DFI lan party, the abit board is about 30$ cheaper, but it has the via chipset, instead of the nforce ultra.

If your a OC/gamer, and are pretty technicial. Get a DFI mobo. DFI are better at OC then Abit. I have the Abit AV8 3RD EYE. With Abits special Guru OC Utility. Its nothing great at all. Abit does OC their own way. This mobo is good for OC newbies.

The bad thing about these Abit Guru mobo's built for OC. Is that its pretty much made for OC through windows. This can invite windows corrution, and just harsh OC failures... Witch i have experienced them more then i can count.

I have a VIA chipset, havent had any problems with my XT.

Abit makes good stable boards that can overclock as well as DFI, they just don't have as many options or configurations that can be changed so it's a bit tricky and takes a lot of trial and error.

Via generally isn't as good as the nForce chipsets for both overclocking and features, however Via is coming up with a few interesting innovations. I'm quite certain that have an upcoming chipset that supports both AGP and PCI-E on the same board.

The ATi Xpress 200 also looks like an interesting upcoming board.

Garaa, i know Abit makes great mobo's. Im not bashing them at all. I own one of the newest versions. Its built around easy OC, OC and go type of crap. Their windows utility is a freaking hazard. Its really built around the windows utility. They have stupid ratios too. Im just saying for the advanced OC, dont go with a Abit.

Well thats the thing, I've never really OC"d before, but I can't wait to start trying. I figure I might as well go with DFI, I'm sure if I run into any problems, you guys could probably help me out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom