Security Camera -- Cheap And Decent -- Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
Hey... I was curious if anybody knows... what would be a good choice for a "security" camera? I don't need good resolution... just enough to "identify" what is in the picture ;-). At least 320x480 though. but I do need it to connect and record on the computer. Doesn't matter if it's wired or wireless.

I tried using a webcam, but it was pathetic... 12 hrs recording, 8 hrs to save the file, 2 hrs to watch it. My god :p

Any suggestions would be great! and of course, the cheaper the better hehe.

there must be software to adjust the frames a second a webcam takes. That would make the file size smaller than normal. Also WMV9 VCM software allows you to broadcast your video over the internet so you can see it anywhere in the world. You can password protect the video too.

No broadcasting hehe...dialup here :) The size isn't too important... well, 1GB/hr would be decent... figuring 1MB/sec should be more than enough. Anyhow, the problem I had with a webcam was that I recorded a video (~12hrs), and it took 8hrs to just SAVE it! I didn't like that...:p That's the main thing I'm trying to get around.

Any ideas? (Thanks for the reply!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom