6600 gt troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you install the latest drivers off the Nvidia website, or did you install the drivers on the CD? If you used the CD, get the newst drivers off the website.

PoisonPorkchop said:
well i just bought the thing i would hope the latest drivers are on the cd

My Chaintech came with 66.34 drivers and I bought it last month.
They would only run Painkiller without crashing after 5min.

Go to www.3dguru.com and download the 71.84 drivers extract them into a folder somewhere easy to find then run the setup app in the folder.

If the drivers that you already downloaded are the 71.84 then look in the folder for a file called setup.

Did you get the 1.3 patch?? It has a fix for ALL Geforce cards, trust me i had the same exact problem then i downloaded the patch and everything was gone.

FarCry.jpg

Edit LMAO Nvidia sux becasue you too damn lazy to problem solve. I can 90 % garuntee YOU DO NOT have the 1.3 patch. Take a screen shot of the splash screen and post it, ill tell you if you have the patch.

Dude first of all you wont ****ing listen i had the same damn problem, but unlike you i know how to do research and find out whats happening. Second i hate little kiddies that put a product down becasue there little brains dont no how to fix it. And you have fun waiting instead of playing farcry but whatever.

yeah your defiantly older than me, your language on this forum really shows it. LOL and i have no clue becasue you dont know how to explain a damn thing in your post. Thread says 6600 GT problems but yet you only post whats happening in farcry, i try to help you, then your little immature self says its the card, when yet you havent even tried the patch. Then you put a company down for ONE card being faulty if it even is. And how does google tell you the card is bad? Last time i checked its a search page.

Yep im really 12, 03/27/85 you do the math.
"MY 6600GT DOESENT WORK. DO YOU FOLLOW ME SO FAR? IT WORKS OK IN COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE. STILL FOLLOWING? IT IS EXTREMELY LAGGY AND SLOW IN ANY OTHER GAME. NOW I WAS ASKING SOME PEOPLE THAT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT TO HELP. NOT YOU"
Wow was that really hard to put in your first post? And im the one that dont know what im talking about?? Thats funny especially since im not the one posting 12 different posts on the same topic, and the rest of the useless BS you post in every other topic to to get your 244 posts.

whats ever im done posting in this thread to hard to get anything thro your thick skull, but remeber when someone else posts about your problem about farcry remeber this: LOL

Wow...

Obivously you don't like the assistance your getting so you get pissed off and start cursing at someone that's trying to help you, this I don't understand...

1. So you "cranked up" the graphics, did you attempt to run it normally before "cranking" it up? Cranking it up I would assume is past "medium".

PoisonPorkchop said:
well i just bought the thing i would hope the latest drivers are on the cd
This may have been your first mistake, never assume the CD that comes with the item has the newest drivers in my opinion. It's always smart to look online for newer drivers before installing the new item. Just to be safe ya'know?

PoisonPorkchop said:
ok fine. how do i know what drivers to get? and do i uninstall the old ones?
This leads people to believe you didn't download the new drivers.
PoisonPorkchop said:
TRIPLE POST!!!! where do i download the drivers to?
This also does.

PoisonPorkchop said:
Yes i downloaded the latest drivers, but i dont know where i was supposed to install them to so i just extracted them into the c drive.
So you didn't install them you simply downloaded them and saved them to your computer?

PoisonPorkchop said:
no i have all the latest drivers and all that shit. im returning the damn card and getting ati because NVIDIA SUCKS
This statement is such an ignorant statement it alone would probably make people not want to help you.

PoisonPorkchop said:
meh. just talked to newegg. im gonna do an rma and get the ati x800xl
Changing brands rather than getting a awsome 6800gt is kind-of questionable...

PoisonPorkchop said:
and no i dont have the 1.3 patch but it happens in all games.
Why not download the 1.3 patch and even attempt to listen to the help your getting?

PoisonPorkchop said:
1 im probably older than you you ****ing jackass
2 i did research and everyone came to the same conclusion. the card is nt working right. newegg said so, evga said so, google said so and i say so.

so shut the **** up because you have no idea whats going you ****ing whore
This in addition to your multiple other assanon post is probably goign to be the reason you don't get any assistance.

People don't like to help people that curse at them for telling them to do something they don't believe will work...

You should actually SIT down and attempt to install the NEW drivers for the video card and the PATCH for the game that you have. If this dosen't work then you should POST again here and POST what type of errors or problems you had after doing the steps recommended to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom