Is there a way to OC a dell dimension 8100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedub

In Runtime
Just wondering if I can mess with my old dell, I'm getting a new comp real soon so I figured I try to dink with this dimension 8100, 1.3 gig. I tried to see if there was somthing in the bios, but I didn't see anything I could change, so I'm guessing I won't be able to, but if there is a way please let me know :)

I don't think you can with a Dell mobo/BIOS.

<html>
<h1>DELL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!</h1>
</html>

Dell's and other 1st party PC's don't include options in the BIOS to OC such as ram timing etc... The best you could do is connect the bridges on the cpu but I wouldn't even suggest that. They normally have the cpu locked down pretty tight.

There are programs to do it in windows. But you will not get very far. The bios is what you want to use to overclock.

You guys are not understanding OC.. If your computer does not support it, then it dont. Just becuase you DL a program, does not mean its going to work well. The hardware in those computers arent made for OC. If you try OC on those systems, its simply not going to get very far at all. First none of your OC will run stable, then you'll end up corrupting windows. Or destroying hardware.

Second, you need some type of effective cooling, for a safe OC. You also need some type of temperature monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom