Dual Core 1st Encounter !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Intel can finally say that they did something first... now matter how slip-shod it might be because they had to rush everything to try to do it.

Read the test, wrong OS, windows kernel task scheduler sucks compared to others,it would be better to compare the performance of the new dual cores to a dual cpu setup to get a real idea of whats going on.Thats where the differnce both cost and performance wise will be, dual cpu setups will probably be cheaper for awhile yet, if they perform the same or better there's no advantage of using dual core just yet.Apple has had a few years to work on making a dual cpu setup more efficient, and although it isnt perfect they have had significant gains, all of the posix compliant OS's have.Multiprocessor setups will favor multiuser systems for quite awhile unless windows does something about it, and right now they arent even close to ready, everyone else has a huge head start.Most multiuser OS's can handle a whole bunch of processors at once, not just two.This may not be an issue for the desktop market just yet, but that time is rapidly coming.

I'd like to see a test with a heavier load and multiple users and see how it does vs other setups,I would hope and assume that having the cpu cores on the same die would cut down on the latency of a dual cpu setup which would speed things up a bit.

Dual Core AMD's are not for gaming... Just read that, though you might want to consider that when building, I have...

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom