Seagate 160GB 7200 NCQ Sata
NEC DVD REWRITTABLE
Sony CD Rewrittable
Asiapro case and power supply rated as such:
450 Watts, +3.3V & 5V=230W
+3.3V, 28A
5V, 50A
12V, 18A

Here is my problem and excuse me if this is the wrong forum. My computer frequently during startup and during activity such as installing and removing hardware my cpu will freeze up. Mind that this is a new build by a first timer. I believe I am running so much stuff and I have a lousy power supply. Immediately after Windows I loaded System Mechanic 5 Pro and it seemed when the cpu started up, all the utilities that immediately ensued were too much for the cpu and it just freezes, the mouse can move, control alt delete does nothing. Any help would be much appreciated.
Brett

Reinstall Windows while you are not connected to the internet, and see if you have the same problems.

I wasn't on the internet during install. The windows program is pirated and we skipped missing files (works fine on my roommates cpu). Could it be software?

goony said:
My computer frequently during startup and during activity such as installing and removing hardware my cpu will freeze up.

Your PC freezes if you install and remove hardware because yourt not supposed to do it while your PC is on :freak:

Try a fresh install with the bear minimum hardware,then add your hardware accessories one by one to determine where the problem lies.It is possible you tried to install to many things at once.

While it is on!?!?! Thank you for your very enlightening and well thought out response. Of course I didn't take hardware in and out while it was on, don't take everything for face value, I meant the software. Thank you for the response though.
Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom