Case LED Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
These lights are just as bright as the LED fan lights - the actual fan, I would just buy a few fan's and remove the actaul LED's this way you got a working fan with no LED's - I'm not too sure how hard the LED's are too remove though, and as far as "I only need afew" well one 80MM fan contains around 4LED's so 4LED's are bright'ish.

Hope this helps.

haha yeah shipping is always the rip-off. if i were you, i'd look on ebay. i'll try and find some for you- what size and color are you looking for?

Edit: i bet they're pretty hard to remove- they look like they're molded into the plastic. I have 2 red LED case fans. I'm pretty happy with em.

yea there are stores and stuff like fry's,best buy,compusa, and stuff im in texas so besides the internet if i want to see it up close i go to frys bought some stuff from them in dallas.

I'm not really looking to go crazy about fans, but should I in the future, maybe I'll look into those LED fans.

As far as my LED idea, with the new Temjin 6, I thought it may be interesting to put LEDs in the wind tunnel and a different color in the other parts of the case. Can I mount custom lights onto the fans? The wind tunnel has an intake and exhaust fan while there is another fan for the rest. Do you guys think that would look good? Or would the colors blend too much through the plastic wind tunnel?

the fans are cool and good, if i were you to make it look really cool, get 2 tube LED lights put the 2 diffrent coolrs or the same whatever you like, put 1 under the tunnel and the other 1 across from it making the colors split into 2 meeting into one making the tunnel look cool in the dark.

Oh jeez, that's a sick idea. Perhaps I'll replace the wind tunnel fans with 2 120mm LED Fans. The only trouble is that the third 80mm fan is right above the front intake so the colors might mesh together. Perhaps I can make a combination of the LED fans in the wind tunnel and plain LED lights at the top of the case.

Any idea on a good color combination between the front and rear wind tunnel LED fans?

you can mix with blue:UV ,,,,, red:UV ,,,,, and stuff if you put 1 on the top make sure you make it hiddin it looks better ppl will wonder wears the light coming from.

and one more thing i was thinking about buying that case too how does that tunnel work and what does it do.

When you say UV, is that a specific kind of color light? (ie. UV red as opposed to just a red LED). I was thinking as you said, buy a 120mm LED fan in RED and mount it on the intake on the front of the wind tunnel. Then throw in a 120mm LED fan in BLUE and mount it on the exhaust on the rear of the wind tunnel. That would actually look pretty sick. Then maybe I can throw in a blue below my optical drives since I have 5 bays and I'm only using one. As you suggested, the LED would be hidden. Since my power supply is green, I would have some multicolor craziness. Then again, one color might look much better than three, but two looks better than one. It must be the damned power supply LED.

I haven't actually received the case yet from newegg, but I should be getting it on thursday. Throw my a PM, email, or IM me on AIM sometime around them, and I'll fill you in on it. (email: CMobarek@calzinger.net, AIM: m0barek)

Basically the tunnel sections off parts of the mobo. It separates the case into 3 cooling sections. Since the motherboard is flipped upside down (mounted on the left), the CPU & memory are cooled in the windtunnel and separately from the rest of the computer because they are the hotest components. That way, the CPU & memory don't heat up the other components. There is a front intake and a rear exhaust exclusive for the wind tunnel. There is an 80mm intake in the front above the wind tunnel 120mm front intake which cools the rest of the motherboard components. Then the power supply which sits above the the HDD cools them down. Overall, looks to be a very efficient cooling system. You do have to be careful though. Some CPU heatsinks won't fit in the wind tunnel and if you're doing water cooling, well, there must be a better case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom