ninety percent there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there will be 2 IDE spots on your motherboard. So I guess that gives you a total of 4 IDE devices you can have. Unless you can daisy chain off more than 2 per line? I don't know myself, I think the max is 2 but someone might want to add to that.
For the partitions I have never used partition magic or anything like that. I would just set up the 3 partitions and then install windows on each one. You will have to supply the RAID driver on a floppy disk during each installation. Of course you could also create a custom windows CD and make an unintended install, meaning you can customize some parts of windows and already have the drivers installed on the CD so you don't have to do it seperately.

totally lost on the windows customize disk...how do i do that...currently i am formating the drive cuz im trying to install windows 98 because i only have the xp upgrade, then ill do xp and then add service pack 2 cd to it and go from there....

1. how do i set the drives in raid 0
2. how do i partition it without putting windows on each drive, is partitioning even necessary?

i put arctic silver 5 on the cpu, and its still reading 70C as i did my first few boots...i have a cpu fan, a hdd fan, my enermax psu has two fans, and i have a regular case fan...wtf

70 seems high for just starting the computer and all that ventilation...also i have arctic cooler on there and i've read people having under 40C ....

also i looked in my bios and its says this for my boot up

Channel 0 Master -- HP DVD Writer
Channel 0 Slave -- Liteon DVD
Channel 1 Master -- N/A
Channel 1 Slave -- N/A
Channel 2 Master -- Seagate
Channel 2 Slave -- N/A
Channel 3 Master -- Seagate
Channel 3 Slave -- N/A

I have been formating disc C for like two hours it seems stuck on 57%, with windows 98, which I have to do because i dont have the xp full install just the upgrade...should i even format on 98, or just install, then put xp and service pack 2 on and then format...also how does my drives look

also i have NO floppy, how should i set up my boot then with the above data...like what order for 1,2,3 boot device...

and how should i raid it after i get xp on there

Well what you would have to do to customize a windows disk isn't too hard. I did it myself for the first time recently and all went well. Basically you need to put in your windows CD. Then it will probably start it's autorun and pop up the menu or whatever. Just click cancel and get out of that, then go to the CD drive that it is in, right click, click "explore". Then you will see the CD files. Copy all those over into a folder on your hard drive somewhere. Then use this program to make your custom disk.
http://nuhi.msfn.org/nlite.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom