norton anti virus ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
norton anti virus takes a hell a long time to load up when i start up my computer, anyone know any reason why?

Norton is known for slowing down systems during startup.

What computer you running it on?

- John -

what is "hell of a long time" and what OS are you running?
I agree that Norton sucks in some situations but I have my personal "beef" with McAfee, as I used to develop for them.

-Michael

Mcafee sucks too,, trust me we have it at work, corporately, and other than lockups, memory glitches, sound issues, and update delays with the scheduler, it looks good,,

Norton i prefer if given the choice of the two,, but then again, could be that you have an MBR scan at boot, and if you have a hell of a lotta software,,, that will take a looong time,,

plus,, maybe your machine is poorly installed, low ram,, lacking HDD space, bad processor, or maybe ,,,, A GATEWAY!!!

eeekk!

There are older versions of Norton that are a bit unstable with WinXP. I think it's 2002. If you have this one, then upgrade, look for a patch, or disable it on startup and start it yourself.

If I didn't have Norton this computer would turn to shite by now, I have used it to scan soooo many things and picking up a lot of viruses (which would have infected the computer.) One file was actually sent by email to me by someone i didnt even know, it was in an email called "Re:Your Application" Norton instantly deleted it after it got scanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom